It's Recipe Time
Mar 24, 2023
Ready for a recipe that you can use all week to help boost your metabolism? This one is packed with spices and ingredients that will help you burn fat and get those flavors you've been missing!
Spicy Cashew Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup raw cashews (or peanuts)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp hot chili powder (such as Cayenne or Habanero)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews (or peanuts), water, apple cider vinegar, MCT oil, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, hot chili powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed until the sauce is smooth and creamy. (I let mine blend for a while - don't be afraid to over blend... it's not a thing)
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can thin it out with a little more water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour the spicy cashew sauce over your choice of lean protein (such as grilled chicken, fish, or tofu).
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Enjoy your customized spicy cashew sauce over your favorite lean proteins!